Friday, July 5, 2013

Pasta Salad That I Actually Like

Dear Turkey,

Summer: that time of year when people try to make me eat yucky pasta salads with tons of yucky mayo. Phooey. 

Yesterday, I got to make pasta salad that I actually like. And other people actually liked it too. How about that?

I cooked a bunch of pasta al dente. At the last minute, I threw some broccoli and yellow peppers into the boiling water. After I drained the pasta I added lots of balsamic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper, tomatoes, cilantro, mint, chives, and arugula. I cut everything up pretty small and I mixed it well so that the pasta could soak up the flavors and the greens could wilt while it was still hot.


After it cooled a little, I added some chevre.


Dessert: coffee poured over ice with sweetened condensed milk stirred in.


I moss you,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment