Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Tofu Zucchini Bread

Dear Turkey,

It's that time of year: someone shows up to work with a giant zucchini and you know you can convince your husband to let you bake something, diet or no diet.

I have lots of zucchini bread recipes, but I wanted one that uses lots of zucchini (like, a big one), canola oil instead of butter (cheaper and easier), chocolate chips (instead of cocoa -- cheaper), soymilk (I always have it), and whole wheat flour (so you can eat it for breakfast). So I made one up.

Tofu Zucchini Bread (does not contain tofu):

In a BIG bowl, combine:

6 c shredded zucchini (it's easier to do it by hand than to wash the food processor)



2 c canola oil
3 c sugar
4 eggs
2 T vanilla
3 T orange zest
6 c whole wheat flour
3 c white flour
2 T baking powder
1 t baking soda
1 T salt
1 T cinnamon
1.5 c soymilk
2 c chocolate chips



Oil three loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 60-75 minutes, until a knife comes out clean.


 
 
If there is any left when you get home from work, freeze it. I find that loaves freeze better than shredded zucchini, which is why I made all three at once.
 
I moss you,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment