Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Heirloom Pasta Master

Dear Turkey,

Now, I don't actually think that you make many of the things that I put on the blog. In fairness, I haven't made anything that you've put on the blog in at least six months. But I bet that you might make this one. Why? Because I named it "heirloom," and people like to make things called heirloom. Plus, it's delicious, and will use up things in your fridge that you have leftover if you made the last thing that I posted.

First, cook some pasta. Drain the pasta and heat up a couple tablespoons of oil in the same pot. Add a tablespoon of minced garlic (yes, from a jar). Then slice some beautiful multicolored HEIRLOOM cherry tomatoes into the pot. Add some multicolored HEIRLOOM olives (I had some salty ones and some not salty ones), sliced. Put the pasta back in and cook it a little on high heat so it absorbs the flavors. Pour in a couple of tablespoons of balsamic vinegar. Turn off the heat and crumble in some feta. Then stir in some HEIRLOOM spinach and arugula that your mom grew:


Serve on heirloom plates.

I moss you,
Tofu



No comments:

Post a Comment